I woke up this morning with Holy Spirit placing the Supreme Court on my heart. I knew He was saying to amp up the prayer for this branch of our government. President Trump is about to make one of the most important decisions he will make in his entire presidency, his first appointment to the Supreme Court.
In the past, the Supreme Court has done more to open the door for sin and death into our nation than any other governmental institution. This is our opportunity to begin the process of changing this.
Today I spoke with my friend Matt Lockett, who is the director of Bound for Life and the Justice House of Prayer in Washington, D.C. He, too, is feeling the urgency of these next few days regarding this appointment.
Matt said, "I believe God has a champion for this empty seat on the Supreme Court. We have contended for the purposes of God by praying in front of the [Supreme] Court for more than 12 years, wearing the red Life Tape.
"The reason no one predicted this past election's outcome is because so-called experts didn't realize how important the Supreme Court is to Americans, and specifically to Christians. Seven in 10 voters said that Supreme Court appointments were a very important factor in their vote, and those voters overwhelmingly chose to elect President Donald Trump. Since Justice Scalia's death [in] Feb. 2016, we have prayed relentlessly that the empty seat would be reserved for no other than God's champion. We must contend in prayer through President Trump's final days of decision-making for this important nomination next week."
President Trump has reportedly narrowed his decision to three individuals. Most conservative leaders believe that all of the three, should he choose to stick with this group from which to make his decision, are good constitutionalist judges. But I believe God has already chosen one of these individuals. Let's pray that the president makes the perfect choice, the choice the Lord desires.
Thanks for all that you do as watchmen for this nation. Let's contend for God's champion again!
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details