As the much-anticipated Iowa caucus kicks off today—and serves as a potential indicator of the direction of the 2016 presidential race—American Family Association Action has released its 2016 Presidential Voter Guide.
A division of the American Family Association, AFA Action is aiming to help Christians be informed voters and vote wisely in both state and national elections. The guide provides an in-depth, high-quality, web-based and non-partisan perspective on the candidates and allows voters to identify where the candidates fall on a scale from "very liberal" to "very conservative" and everywhere in between.
"The 2016 presidential election will be crucial for our entire nation, and Christian voters especially must step up, as religious liberties, the protection of life and godly leadership are all paramount for the country," said AFA Action President Tim Wildmon. "When we fail to protect those things—or fail to elect lawmakers who will work toward the best interest of their constituents—we risk all that our Founding Fathers bestowed on us to make this nation great.
"Now, as we prepare for one of the most crucial elections in our nation's history," he continued, "it's imperative that voters are educated about all the candidates. The AFA Action Voter Guide will serve as an invaluable tool as we head to the ballot box this year. We have an obligation not only to get out and vote, but also to understand exactly where candidates stand on key issues so we don't unwittingly vote away our freedoms."
The AFA Action Voter Guide looks at the history of each candidate so voters can see for themselves:
- How candidates have voted in the past
- Who the candidates give money to
- Where the candidates' money comes from
- How the candidates answer questions on critical issues
"Changing presidential candidate poll numbers indicate voter uncertainty," Wildmon added. "The AFA Action Voter Guide provides voters reliable and factual content so they can be informed but not misled. In addition, AFA Action provides voters with critical tools, such as instant access to contacting elected officials, voter registration, apps and a voting pledge."
On its web site last week, AFA asked the question: "Who is the best Republican choice for president?" Thus far, more than 32,000 Americans have taken the poll, with Ted Cruz in the lead with more than 51 percent of the votes. Donald Trump is second with about 18 percent, followed by Ben Carson with more than 15 percent. Marco Rubio garnered 7.67 percent of the votes (accessed Jan. 29, 2016).
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer