South African President Cyril Ramaphosa may call in more troops onto the streets of South African cities. That's because an army and police struggled to quell days of looting and violence, while some citizens armed themselves to protect their property and businesses from the rampage, according to Reuters.
The news agency reports more than 70 people have been killed in the unrest, the worst in South Africa for years, and hundreds of businesses wrecked. Food and fuel supplies are running short, the agency says.
"Triggered by the jailing of ex-president Jacob Zuma last week after he failed to appear at a corruption inquiry, it has widened into an orgy of looting and an outpouring of anger over the hardship and inequality that persist in South Africa 27 years after the end of apartheid," Reuters reports.
We need to pray. I created a prayer video.
Here are prayer points:
— Pray against the spirit of violence and anarchy.
— Pray for wisdom and strategy for the South African government in how to deal with this situation.
— Pray for God's intervention.
— Pray for protection of all businesses, but mainly small family businesses that are losing their entire livelihoods.
— Pray for divine protection over the innocent.
— Pray that those causing the violence will encounter God and the guilty be apprehended.
— Pray for justice and support of all law-abiding law enforcement members.
Are you an intercessor? Connect with the Awakening Prayer Hubs movement at awakeningprayerhubs.com. Find a hub, start a hub or sponsor a hub.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
Jennifer LeClaire is senior leader of Awakening House of Prayer in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, founder of the Ignite Network and founder of the Awakening Blaze prayer movement. She is author of over 25 books. Find her online at jenniferleclaire.org or email her at email@example.com.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details