There's never been a more critical time to stand in the gap. What does that really mean?
Standing in the gap is a selfless posture, a Christlike posture. Standing in the gap is making a defense against an enemy attack. Standing in the gap is exposing oneself to enemy fire in order to protect something or someone else.
That may sound somewhat daunting, but when you understand the plan and will of God it's exhilarating.
When you stand in the gap God assigns you to, you are standing in His will, and nothing by any means shall harm you. When you stand in the gap God assigns you to, God is fighting for you and with you, and you cannot lose. When you stand in the gap God assigns you to, you are surrounded with favor like a shield (see Ps. 5:12). He is your rear guard (see Isa. 52:12).
As I've said many times, God is not a one-issue God. There are many issues on God's heart, and He will place certain issues on our heart at certain times. He will call us to stand in the gap—a specific gap. Indeed, I believe God is always looking for someone to stand in the gap, just as He did in Ezekiel's day.
"I looked for someone who might rebuild the wall of righteousness that guards the land. I searched for someone to stand in the gap in the wall so I wouldn't have to destroy the land, but I found no one" (Ezek. 22:30, NLT).
If you are an intercessor, there's a gap for you to stand in. When you find that gap, you'll be the most effective in your intercessory prayer efforts. Remember, though, that although God may give you specific assignments for specific seasons, He's not a one-issue God.
As intercessors, it's easy enough to fall into that trap and miss His leading into other gaps in which He needs you to stand, sometimes even only temporarily.
Click here to read the rest of this article.
Follow breaking news like this and more in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
Jennifer LeClaire is senior leader of Awakening House of Prayer in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, founder of the Ignite Network and founder of the Awakening Blaze prayer movement. She is author of over 25 books. Find her online at jenniferleclaire.org or email her at email@example.com.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details