Be warned. The Holy Spirit told me the spirit of betrayal has been loosed in the earth. This spirit is crafty and can only stab you in the back after it has walked beside you long enough to earn your trust.
This shouldn't surprise us. Jesus spoke of an end-times reality that we're seeing right now. He said, "Many will betray one another" (see Matt. 24:10).
The spirit of betrayal, like many other spirits, works through people. It's hard to discern until it manifests—and it's almost always a blindside. If we saw betrayal's schemes before they manifested, we would get out of the pathway of its double-edged sword and avoid a bloody back.
The spirit of betrayal is more subtle than you think. Betrayal has to seduce you before it can stab you. Betrayal is treacherous. Someone operating in this spirit will tell your secrets for personal gain, abandon you in a time of need, work craftily to take what's yours right under your nose and otherwise demonstrate who they really are at a critical time.
Et Tu Brute?
As a student of Latin in high school, we learned how Brutus betrayed Roman dictator Julius Caesar. Brutus was the ruler's close friend, yet took part in a coup to assassinate him. When Julius recognized Brutus as one of the assailing parties, he said, "Et tu Brute?" which means, "You, too, Brutus?" At least that's the account of the historical event from Shakespeare.
The British playwright may have been drawing some imagery from the life of Jesus, as Christ faced a similar episode. Luke 22 gives the familiar account, but don't gloss over this Garden of Gethsemane event too quickly or you'll miss the point:
"And while He was still speaking, behold, a multitude; and he who was called Judas, one of the twelve, went before them and drew near to Jesus to kiss Him. But Jesus said to him, "Judas, are you betraying the Son of Man with a kiss?" (Luke 22:47-48, NKJV)
Another gospel puts it this way: "While he was still speaking, Judas, one of the Twelve, arrived. With him was a large crowd armed with swords and clubs, sent from the chief priests and the elders of the people. Now the betrayer had arranged a signal with them: 'The one I kiss is the man; arrest him.' Going at once to Jesus, Judas said, 'Greetings, Rabbi!' and kissed him. Jesus replied, 'Do what you came for, friend.'" (Matt. 26:47-50, NIV).
What do we do about it? Click here to read the rest of this article.
Jennifer LeClaire is senior leader of Awakening House of Prayer in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, founder of the Ignite Network and founder of the Awakening Blaze prayer movement. She is author of over 25 books. Find her online at jenniferleclaire.org or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details