I've seen a troubling trend in the prophetic movement—a spirit of divination is masquerading as the Holy Spirit. There's such a fascination with the gifts of the Spirit in this hour—particularly the gifts that know something and the gifts that say something—that many don't stop to consider the spirit behind the words or the motive of the person releasing the impressive prophetic utterance.
Time and time again, I've seen people's jaws literally drop when someone can tell them when their birthday or their name (or the last four digits of their bank account number... scary!). People will stand for hours watching people operate in prophetic gifts, perhaps hoping they are next to receive a revelation. Sadly, a failure to unknowingly judge the source of the gifts of the Spirit leading many to idolize diviners instead of the divine one.
Case in point: I recently saw one prophetic pretender manifest with what looked like King Nebuchadnezzar madness in an online video. He was singing mocking words about curses and vindication with a crazed look in his eyes that grieved my spirit.
The number of people who laughed and cheered him on in the lunacy was not only shocking, it was yet another confirmation of the lack of discernment in the body of Christ—and how many blindly follow personalities instead of following the person of the Holy Spirit wholly.
Who Was Nebuchadnezzar?
Over the past 20 years, I've seen many troubling manifestations of the Nebuchadnezzar spirit—the spirit that was on the king who lost his mind in Daniel 4 after he took the glory that belonged to God:
At the end of the twelve months he was walking about the royal palace of Babylon. The king spoke, saying, "Is not this great Babylon, that I have built for a royal dwelling by my mighty power and for the honor of my majesty?"
While the word was still in the king's mouth, a voice fell from heaven: "King Nebuchadnezzar, to you it is spoken: the kingdom has departed from you! And they shall drive you from men, and your dwelling shall be with the beasts of the field. They shall make you eat grass like oxen; and seven times shall pass over you, until you know that the Most High rules in the kingdom of men, and gives it to whomever He chooses" (Dan. 4:29-32, NKJV).
Click here to read the rest of Jennifer's article.
Jennifer LeClaire is senior leader of Awakening House of Prayer in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, founder of the Ignite Network and founder of the Awakening Blaze prayer movement. She is author of over 25 books. Find her online at jenniferleclaire.org or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer