Bitter prophets are rising, and some of it is the fault of a church who rejected them. But regardless of the reason why we're seeing more bitterness polluting the prophetic, it's each individual's responsibility to keep their heart clean.
The Holy Spirit is issuing a serious warning about bitter prophets. The Lord impressed these words on my heart:
"Beware of the bitter prophets releasing bitter curses out of their bitter hearts. Pray for them, because their end will be bitter if they don't repent. They are bringing great harm to my body with manipulative maneuvers that seduce, deceive and derail.
"Don't come into agreement with the bitterness, lest you be defiled also. God shall not be mocked; whatever a man sows he will reap. Bless and do not curse."
A Deadly Trio
Resentment, bitterness and unforgiveness are related—and the Bible has plenty to say about this trio of tormenters. First, let's distinguish these three emotions that open the door to slaughtering spirits and wreck your walk with God. These definitions com from Merriam-Webster:
Resentment is a feeling of indignant displeasure or persistent ill will at something regarded as wrong, insult or injury.
The residue of resentment builds up over time if we are not quick to forgive. Once in prayer the Lord showed me three people I had resentment against and I didn't even consciously know it. You can also be resentful at places and things.
Bitterness is associated with being angry or unhappy because of unfair treatment that causes painful emotions felt or experienced in a strong and unpleasant way.
Click here to read the rest of this article.
Jennifer LeClaire is senior leader of Awakening House of Prayer in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, founder of the Ignite Network and founder of the Awakening Blaze prayer movement. She is author of over 25 books. Find her online at jenniferleclaire.org or email her at email@example.com.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer