The python spirit has become one of the latest demonic rock stars—but this spirit is nothing to toy with. Indeed, a forest ranger in India just learned the hard way, and his struggle offers a spiritual warfare parallel.
The Washington Post reports:
"The rock python had just killed and eaten a goat, but perhaps more troubling, the reptile had crushed and consumed its meal within shouting distance of a school. Something had to be done. So worried residents in Jalpaiguri, a city in northeast India, called Sanjay Dutta, the local forest ranger, according to Reuters.
"As onlookers stared, Dutta corralled the 18-foot snake with an animal-control pole, then used thick gloves to grab the snake's head and pick it up. Crisis averted. All Dutta had to do was put it into a sack for quick transport back to the wild, perhaps to the banks of the nearby Teesta River, where it wouldn't pose a threat to humans.
"Instead, Dutta draped the snake around his neck. It was time for a celebratory selfie. Some residents hoisted smartphones, motioning for others to cram in closer to the forest ranger and the beast he'd captured. One man smoked what may have been a celebratory cigarette. A child sat on a man's shoulders, craning to get into the picture."
This is the heart stance too many spiritual warriors take when they "think" they have overcome the enemy. Presumptuous spiritual warriors dance, sing and shout before the battle is won. They celebrate with selfies of victory before the devil is defeated because they haven't learned to discern the ring of victory in their spirit. They are walking by sight and not by faith, to a degree, but what they often see next is defeat.
Click here to read the rest of this article.
Jennifer LeClaire is senior leader of Awakening House of Prayer in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, founder of the Ignite Network and founder of the Awakening Blaze prayer movement. She is author of over 25 books. Find her online at jenniferleclaire.org or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details