Troubled former Christian singer Miley Cyrus is getting back into the acting scene—this time as an official pansexual. The former Disney Channel darling opened up about her sexual identity revelations in a recent Variety magazine interview.
Yes, she's still dating Liam Hemsworth.
In case you aren't up with the alternative lifestyle alphabet soup, pansexual means not limited in sexual choice with regard to biological sex, gender or gender identity.
"My mom is like an '80s rock chick—big blonde hair. ... She loves being a girl," Cyrus said. "I never felt that way. I know some girls that love getting their nails done. I ... hated it ... I don't wax my eyebrows. I never related to loving being a girl. And then, being a boy didn't sound fun to me. I think the LGBTQ alphabet could continue forever. But there's a 'P' that should happen, for 'pansexual.'"
JOIN JENNIFER ON FACEBOOK FOR SPIRITUAL COMMENTARY AND ENCOURAGEMENT. CLICK HERE.
Cyrus told Variety she first identified as a pansexual when she figured out what it was. That happened during a visit to the LGBTQ center in L.A.
"I saw one human in particular who didn't identify as male or female. Looking at them, they were both: beautiful and sexy and tough but vulnerable and feminine but masculine. And I related to that person more than I related to anyone in my life," Cyrus says.
"Even though I may seem very different, people may not see me as neutral as I feel. But I feel very neutral. I think that was the first gender-neutral person I'd ever met. Once I understood my gender more, which was unassigned, then I understood my sexuality more. I was like, 'Oh—that's why I don't feel straight and I don't feel gay. It's because I'm not.'"
Cyrus went on to say that she's the only [expletive] Disney star who would say, "I'm pro-lesbian and gay, before it was OK to say that.
Of that, she is proud. And over that, the Lord grieves.
I'm not condemning Miley. No, not by a longshot. She represents a generation that is partially lost, seeking identity in subculture and counterculture.
I usually call for prayer for Miley in these types of articles, and I'll do that again. But we need to pray for today's millennial generation and those who come after them. The prince of the power of the air has effectively used media to send warped messages that have bred mass confusion in the minds of our youth.
Here are some prayer starters for you:
- Pray that they would find their identity in Christ.
- Pray that they would discover their purpose in God.
- Pray that they would have uncompromising Christian friends.
- Pray that Christ's character would be formed in them.
- Pray that the Lord would encounter their hearts with His love.
- Pray that He would break in with light and break deception of their minds.
Jennifer LeClaire is senior leader of Awakening House of Prayer in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, founder of the Ignite Network and founder of the Awakening Blaze prayer movement. She is author of over 25 books. Find her online at jenniferleclaire.org or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details