Many people think Pope Francis is the Antichrist, or at least the false prophet. Videos like this one don't do him any favors.
Although no reasonable person would argue against living in peace in a world of conflicting religions, the pontiff takes this ideal to a new extreme in a video message illustrating his heartfelt prayer request.
"Most of the planet's inhabitants declare themselves believers. This should lead to a dialogue among religions," he said in Italian. "We should not stop praying for it and collaborating with those who think differently."
Of course, dialogue is one thing. Compromising the tenets of Christianity is altogether different.
The video then shows quick shots of people stating their religious convictions.
A lama declares, "I have confidence in Buddha."
A rabbi confesses, "I believe in God."
A Catholic priest declares, "I believe in Jesus Christ."
An Islamic leader shares, "I believe in God, Allah."
Notably, no evangelicals or Pentecostals were in the mix.
Disturbing video footage shows the pope receiving a demonic statue from a Buddhist and bending down to pray according to Muslim tradition.
"Many think differently, feel differently, seeking God or meeting God in different ways," he says. "In this crowd, in this range of religions, there is only one certainty we have for all: We are all children of God."
Here's the problem: You can seek God in many ways, but there's only one way to the Father. There is only one way to meet God, and His name is Jesus Christ. To even hint at anything else causes confusion at best and deceives many at worst.
Jennifer LeClaire is senior leader of Awakening House of Prayer in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, founder of the Ignite Network and founder of the Awakening Blaze prayer movement. She is author of over 25 books. Find her online at jenniferleclaire.org or email her at email@example.com.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details