Last week, we obtained a video from Don Nori Sr., co-founder of Destiny Image, showing a group of Pentecostals and conservative Christians in a private meeting Paula White set up with Donald Trump.
Beyond Paula White, also present were Kenneth and Gloria Copeland, Jentezen Franklin, David Jeremiah, Jan Crouch, Steve Munsey, Rabbi Kirt Schneider, Bishop George Bloomer, Bishop Darrell Scott and Clarence McClendon.
You can watch the video here: Kenneth Copeland Lays Hands and Prays Over Donald Trump.
Some Christians took the prayer meeting as Copeland (and the many others who were present) endorsing Trump for the Republican nomination and ultimately as the next president of the United States. Some of the comments on my Facebook page expressed concern. Some were downright nasty.
"I wonder why they are only laying hands and praying for Donald Trump, but not trying to lay hands on Ben Carson. Who is a born again spirit filled Christian? Hmmm... ?" asked Ashlee Green.
JOIN JENNIFER ON FACEBOOK FOR SPIRITUAL COMMENTARY AND ENCOURAGMENT. CLICK HERE.
"Kenneth Copeland, I think you need to take a step back. Before you pray for God's blessings on Donald, I think you better be praying for God's conviction to come on him. Why are you counting him as a 'brother' when he hasn't accepted God yet? Donald has stated, 'Why do I need to repent? I haven't done anything wrong.' He's very proudful," wrote Melody Nivens.
"This is a trick to get the Christian vote just like Obama!" argued Chira Johnson.
I'll stop there. The question is: Is Copeland endorsing Trump?
"Kenneth and Gloria were invited to meet with presidential candidate Donald Trump on Monday to give Mr. Trump a spiritual perspective about the most critical issues facing our nation. ... You can hear Kenneth specifically praying that God would give Mr. Trump wisdom according to James 1 and that God would reveal Himself to him. Praise the Lord!" reads a statement on Copeland's website.
"Note: The Copeland's attendance at this meeting does not mean that they are endorsing Trump. Brother Copeland is willing to pray with any candidate that asks for prayer, no matter what the party affiliation. This is according to 1 Timothy 2:1 & 2."
1 Timothy 2:1-2 reads, "Therefore I exhort first of all that you make supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings for everyone, for kings and for all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceful life in all godliness and honesty."
Jennifer LeClaire is senior leader of Awakening House of Prayer in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, founder of the Ignite Network and founder of the Awakening Blaze prayer movement. She is author of over 25 books. Find her online at jenniferleclaire.org or email her at email@example.com.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details