LGBT activist Matthew Vines and lesbian YouTube vloggger Arielle Scarcella are claiming to have new revelation on what the Bible really says about same-sex relationships.
Vines, who shook up the Christian publishing world with God and the Gay Christian, is now making waves again with a new video that claims the Bible offers seven Scriptures that support same-sex marriage.
"Sexual orientation is a pretty new concept," Vines notes in the below video. "Christians in the past tended to see same-sex behavior as a vice of excess like gluttony or drunkenness, not as a sexual orientation that can be expressed in loving, committed ways. So Christians don't have to reject their faith's tradition in order to accept same-sex relationships."
Um, yes, we do. There's a clear difference between the one with same-sex attractions that's working to overcome temptations and the one who is openly and brazenly embracing homosexuality and propagating deceptive teachings to the masses. The Bible speaks clearly against practicing homosexuality, and false doctrine for that matter.
And we don't need seven verses to to prove the point. This one will do:
"Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God" (1 Cor. 6:9-10).
I am so grieved for Vines and Scarcella because I believe they truly believe what they are saying. I don't believe they are willfully setting out to deceive us—but they are willfully setting out to change our minds and they are drawing from their own deception to do it.
Saints, don't buy into the deception in this YouTube video below. But watch it so you can clearly see how the agenda works. Have compassion on Vines and Scarcella but don't drink the Kool-Aid.
Jennifer LeClaire is news editor at Charisma. She is also the author of several books, including The Making of a Prophet. You can email Jennifer at jennifer.leclaire@
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details