History seems to be repeating itself again.
The U.S. has experienced eight years of the worst American presidency—the most anti-biblical, anti-Israel, anti-morality, anti-decency, pro-Islam, pro-gay, pro-baby killer, pro-pervert—ever! And many in America voted for him, including many professing Christians—some even believing that he was born again. What a sham!
Now not yet completing his final term in office, we have a criminal and a shrewd business mogul as the two remaining candidates to vote for as America's next president. Yay! You get to choose again, America. It's not lame McCain vs. Obama, or spineless Romney vs. Obama, but criminal Clinton vs. Trump. And once again, many professing Christians are giving a thousand reasons why we should vote for Trump.
"He's the lesser of two evils."
"If we don't vote for him, we'll get Hillary."
"It will be the end of our nation."
"Socialism, fascism, communism and every kind of ism will take over our land."
"Don't you believe what the prophets have spoken?—Trump is our Cyrus."
"Yes, God has chosen him! He will save us!"
"He's the human wrecking ball and he will destroy the Democrats and their left-wing agenda and level the playing field."
"He's his own man and is not beholden to anybody."
In Donald we trust.
And on and on it goes.
But you are wrong. Dead wrong. You are deceived—grossly deceived. You've been hoodwinked by hell.
This election should have been a slam dunk for the Republican Party. Yet, because of Donald J. Trump, uninformed and extremely gullible and un-principled voters, and so-called conservative media pundits salivating over Trump, Republicans may actually lose in November. And they will have no one to blame but themselves because Donald Trump is not and has never been a Republican.
Listen to the wise words from the blog site of Biblical Signs in the Headlines:
In what was once proudly known as the "Religious Right," the focus of many has turned to the selfish attitude of making America "rich and prosperous," or as Trump says, "great again." Many conservatives are abandoning traditional moral views and biblical values to hop aboard the "Trump Train" because everyone else seems to be doing it.
Donald's focus is not on what our focus should be, which is humbly returning and rededicating this nation to Almighty God. Instead, he's focused on making a lot of "really good deals" for America, on "building a really big wall," on making America "really rich" again so that we'll be so tired of "winning." He wants to run America like a business, but any business without God at its head is destined to fail.
For all of you conservative Christians voting for Trump, here are some serious questions I have for you:
1. How do you defend him taking the same position as liberal Democrats on the transgender bathroom issue dividing the country? His position is to the left of the most "moderate" RINOS (Republicans In Name Only).
2. How do you defend voting for a man who has said that the abortion peddler Planned Parenthood does "many wonderful things"? He also said that he desires to "rewrite" the party's stance on abortion in the Republican platform.
3. How do you defend supporting a nominee for president, whom an advocacy group for gay Republicans said, "Is one of the best, if not the best, pro-gay Republican candidates to ever run for the presidency," and would "do no harm on same-sex marriage" because of a "stand-out position" on nondiscrimination legislation?
4. How do you staunch pro-Israel conservatives defend Trump saying that he would be "neutral" in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict? He also pledges to give the "Peace Plan" (which divides the Holy Land of Israel and gives some of the Jewish State's holiest ancient cities to the murderous Islamists of Palestine) "one (expletive) of a shot."
5. How in the name of God and in good conscience can you vote or endorse a nominee like that? Are you taking your counsel from the holy Bible or pop culture?
And to add insult to injury, Trump's senior aide, Paul Manafort, recently told Republican National Committee members that the Donald's image is going to change now. "You'll see a different guy," he said. That sounds so eerily similar to the change Obama promised all of us. Yeah, we got change all right—just not the kind we bargained for.
In reference to this, the Fox News conservative writer, Todd Starnes, said "We were led to believe that Mr. Trump was one of us—a conservative of the gun-toting, Bible-clinging variety. But friends, Mr. Trump is no conservative. His talk is far different from his walk."
I want to hope and believe this guy; I really do! I will fulfill my civic duty and vote, and I'd like not to have to write in another candidate. But there are so many red flags. There are so many suspicions. Trump's record has been so liberal.
Can I just vote for him so Hillary won't win? Can I just vote for him because many are saying he's been born again and he's changed? Or because he supposedly said he will elect conservative judges to the Supreme Court? Can I go against biblical principles and trust Trump based on what some "thus saith the Lord" so-called "prophets" have spoken?
I'm not completely sure. I have to see more from him that would cause me to trust in his leadership. I hope I'm wrong about him—I really do! I hope he has really changed and given his heart to the Lord. I hope some of the conservatives he has surrounded himself with will influence him for good. But as of now, I'm satisfied to vote my conscience and let the chips fall where they may. Here are some things penned by a friend of mine that I'm sure the Lord won't say to me when I stand before the Judgment Seat of Christ:
1. "You should've voted for Donald Trump because he was better than Hillary!"
2. "You sinned against Me by refusing to support Donald Trump's presidency!"
3. "You should've ignored the undeniable fact that Donald Trump was categorically disqualified to be a leader on literally every single point I gave you for choosing righteous leadership in the Bible!"
4. "Stopping Hillary was more important than carefully following My instructions in the Bible!"
5. "I sent My prophets to call you a 'Pharisee', and to denounce you for being 'legalistic'! You should've listened to their sage-like wisdom, and elevated them above My written Word, which plainly instructed you to do the opposite of their crowings."
6. "You should've used situational ethics and ignored the unambiguous point of Romans 3:8, and should've helped a wicked and unrepentant verbal abuser gain power, and rolled the dice that something good might happen afterward."
If Hillary becomes president and opens this nation up to full blown big government, appoints liberal judges to the Supreme Court, opens up an uncontested sewage of immorality, violence and terrorism in our nation, and near-communism in the future, so be it. Maybe then those who've been sleeping will finally wake up.
And that's a good thing.
Bert M. Farias, revivalist and founder of Holy Fire Ministries, has authored several books with an emphasis on helping to restore the true spirit of Christianity in the Church today, including his latest book, Passing on The Move of God to The Next Generation. Follow him at Bert Farias and Holy Fire Ministries on Facebook and @Bertfarias1 on Twitter.
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Great Resources to help you excel in 2019! #1 John Eckhardt's "Prayers That..." 6-Book Bundle. Prayer helps you overcome anything life throws at you. Get a FREE Bonus with this bundle. #2 Learn to walk in the fullness of your purpose and destiny by living each day with Holy Spirit. Buy a set of Life in the Spirit, get a second set FREE.