While the nation is struggling to respond to the forced lifestyle changes initiated by the coronavirus, there is another larger consideration that we as Christians and God-fearing Americans must address.
Is God playing a role in this pandemic? And if so, what is God saying to America and to the world through this coronavirus plague? Is this pandemic happenstance or is it in part a consequence of some action?
Sam Rohrer, president of the American Pastors Network, explored the topic this week on the daily radio program, Stand in the Gap Today.
"Whereas our government officials, along with health and public policy experts, react to the 'what' and the 'how' of the coronavirus plague or other major events like natural disasters such as tornadoes, hurricanes and earthquakes, it is essential that true leaders look to the 'why' of such events," Rohrer said.
"From a biblical worldview perspective, we should ask, could this event and others be occurring as a result of God speaking to the world and thereby truly answering at least part of the 'why' this is happening? Is it possible that the coronavirus and the unfolding economic damage, not only here in the U.S. but worldwide, is the consequence of some major decision that God has clearly warned against and previously responded to in earlier examples?"
Rohrer added that God has clearly said in a number of Scriptural passages not to divide the land or curse Israel, but to bless Israel, meaning that to advance God's plan and promise to Abraham, He demonstrated that He will fight against all those who oppose Israel.
"Because the U.S. and U.S. presidents have taken the initiating role in seeking a peace plan with Israel that has to this point involved dividing Israel or drawing boundaries that contradict what God has already defined, the U.S. has received the bulk of these timely natural disaster consequences immediately after announcing such recommendations," Rohrer said. "Yet with the coronavirus and the resulting economic carnage that is worldwide, it seems to change the model just a bit."
Rohrer concluded by suggesting if there is one lesson to learn, it is simple. Don't divide Israel.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details