In his book I Am Zion: Unleash the Power of God's Glory in Your Life (Jan. 2020), John Eckhardt expounds on the concept of "Zion" apart from its connection to the physical land of Israel. As Eckhardt explains in his book, "Zion is more than a physical place; it is now a state of spiritual being."
I Am Zion shows readers how to identify Zion, how to know when they are in Zion and what happens when they are not in Zion. One common thread is that Zion-believers are set apart. Eckhardt writes on how they follow God's will and put their desires second.
Moreover, Eckhardt challenges readers to seek out "Zion churches." Zion churches "expect to activate the prophetic in every service. They expect to make a joyful noise to the Lord and to worship until the glory of God comes."
Eckhardt stresses the importance of worship, even saying that at times literal shouting may be necessary. While he acknowledges that there's a time and place for quiet and meditation, he also points to Psalm 132:16: "I will also clothe her priests with salvation, and her godly ones shall shout for joy."
"Zion is a place of shouting, a place of victory, a place of dancing, a place of celebration, a place of joy, a place of glory, a place of God's presence," Eckhardt says.
His book delves into the characteristics of a Zion-believer, which include a heart for the prophetic, strength against the powers of darkness and trust in the Lord.
"Zion no longer has a physical foundation. Jesus is the foundation of Zion, and He is the foundation of your life and of the church," Eckhardt says.
John Eckhardt is overseer of Crusaders Ministries, located in Chicago. Gifted with a strong apostolic anointing, he has ministered throughout the United States and in more than 80 nations. He is a sought-after international conference speaker and has authored more than 20 books, including Prayers That Rout Demons and Deliverance and Spiritual Warfare Manual. Eckhardt resides in the Chicago area with his wife, Wanda.
Charisma House empowers people through Spirit-inspired resources. It is the leading publisher of diversified Christian resources motivating people to fulfill God's purpose. For more than 20 years, Charisma House has published books, including 14 New York Times' bestsellers, that challenge, encourage, teach and equip Christians.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Incredible Savings, Inspiration and Encouragement from CHARISMA:
- End Of The Year - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
- Big Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, and more.
- FREE eCourses by CHARISMA: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Women Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.