One of the most significant prayers for the coming of Messiah is:
ברוך הבא בשם ה' , Baruch ha-ba b'shem Adonai—blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord.
It is found twice in the Gospel of Matthew. The first is the cheering welcome of the crowds at the time of the "triumphal entry" into Jerusalem. As Yeshua rode into the city on a donkey, the people laid their clothing on the street, waved palm branches and shouted:
"Hoshia-na to Ben-David! Baruch ha-ba b'shem Adonai! Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord! Hoshia-na in the highest!" (Matt. 21:9, TLV).
The second time is found a few days later, while Yeshua is preaching in Jerusalem, teaching about the end times and rebuking the religious leaders for their hypocrisy:
"O Jerusalem, Jerusalem who kills the prophets and stones those sent to her! ... Look, your house is left to you desolate! For I tell you, you will never see Me again until you say, 'Baruch ha-ba b'shem Adonai. Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!'" (Matt. 23:37-39).
Conditional Dual Entry
So, we have one "triumphal entry" in the past (Matt. 21) and one in the future (Matt. 23). The future one refers to the Second Coming. It will be similar to the first, but much more glorious and "triumphant." Yeshua will return on a white horse, and will be received by a great multitude, gathered from every nation.
Yeshua said, "You will not see Me until ..." This may be seen as both negative and positive, a punishment and a promise. First of all, the city will be destroyed. Then at some time in the future, it must be restored.
After it is restored, there will come a time when the people in Jerusalem will receive Him with shouts of "Baruch ha-ba!" He will not come back until this happens. He will come back when it happens. It will happen. This is both a prophecy and a prerequisite.
Why must these events happen first? For the same reason that there must be two comings of the Messiah, one to suffer as atoning sacrifice and one to rule and reign as king.
After Yeshua was crucified, the city had to be destroyed. At that time the message of salvation began to be spread around the world. Now, after many years, every nation has had the opportunity to receive salvation. The international ekklesia has grown, comprised of true Christians from every ethnic group.
Now is the time for Israel to be restored, to be ready to receive Messiah Yeshua back again. This time not only will Israel welcome Him back, but the remnant of people from every tribe and tongue.
For the original article, visit reviveisrael.org.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details