An article in a Turkish paper with close ties to Turkey's President Recep Tayyip Erdogan exposes the regime's desire to form an "Army of Islam" to attack and destroy the state of Israel.
The article calls on the 57 member nations of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) throughout the Muslim world to join forces against the Israeli "occupiers," who would then be vastly outnumbered and unable to defend their country.
Translated and posted by MEMRI (Middle East Media Research Institute), the article details how combined ground, air and naval forces could defeat Israel militarily in 10 days and diplomatically in 20 days, thereby liberating "Palestine."
According to MEMRI's well-documented post, the article's key points came from the website of Turkey's SADAT International Defense and Consulting Company, which promotes pan-Islamic military cooperation.
SADAT was founded by President Erdogan's senior military advisor, Adnan Tanriverdi. The group provides information on "conventional and unconventional defense and warfare." Its mission statement envisions helping "the Islamic world take its rightful place among the superpowers."
Citing Israeli security sources, MEMRI notes that SADAT provides funding and military equipment to Hamas in the Gaza Strip with the goal of creating a Palestinian army to fight Israel.
"If the OIC member states unite and form a joint military force, it will be the largest army in the world," the article states. "These countries' total population is 1,674,526,931. The number of soldiers in active service in these countries is at least 5,206,100."
The article in that Turkish daily, which is called Yeni Safak, describes Israel's population (just over 8 million) and military forces "as significantly inferior," noting that the population of Istanbul, Turkey's capital, is more than 14 million.
"The military capability of the OIC member states is considerable," the paper says. "These armies have the necessary equipment to carry out a military operation on land, sea and air."
It continues. "Turkey alone is superior [to Israel]" and "will serve as an important headquarters during the operation due to its land, air and naval infrastructures." And he says, Turkey is actively pursuing and renewing alliances with Muslim countries in the Middle East and Africa.
"Those who believe that they are the owners of Jerusalem today will not find a single tree to hide behind tomorrow," he concludes.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details