Following a speech by Palestinian Authority (PA) President Mahmoud Abbas at the UN Security Council (UNSC) on Tuesday, U.S. ambassador to the U.N., Nikki Haley, delivered a blunt message before the international body.
At the outset of her address, Haley explicitly referred to comments from Palestinian brass earlier in the month, stating, "I will decline the advice I was recently given by your top negotiator Saeb Erekat. I will not shut up. Rather, I will respectfully speak some hard truths."
"The United States stands ready to work with the Palestinian leadership," Haley remarked, addressing Abbas, who had left the UNSC session after his own speech. "Our negotiators are sitting right behind me, ready to talk. But we will not chase after you. The choice, Mr. President, is yours."
Haley did not mince words, contrasting the various approaches available to the Palestinians, with "absolutist demands, hateful rhetoric and incitement to violence" representing one path and "negotiation and compromise" representing a different approach.
"You can choose to denounce the United States, reject its role in peace talks and pursue punitive measures against Israel in international forums like the U.N. I assure that path will get the Palestinian people exactly nowhere toward the achievement of their aspirations," she warned. "Or you can choose to put aside your anger about the location of our embassy and move forward with us toward a negotiated compromise that holds great potential for improving the lives of the Palestinian people."
Israel's ambassador to the U.N., Danny Danon, spoke even more forcefully, arguing that Abbas' speech exposed the Palestinian leader as opposed to peace with Israel, not in favor of it.
"You have made it clear, with your words and with your actions, that you are no longer part of the solution. You are the problem," Danon declared.
This article originally appeared at worldisraelnews.com.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details