A pro-Hezbollah website boasted that in a year, the Iran-backed terror group could have 500,000 missiles, which, according to an expert, would give Hezbollah the ability to "saturate Israel with rockets," making the next war "nasty," the Washington Free Beacon reported.
An article at the Dahiya website, a Lebanese pro-Hezbollah site, claimed that Syrian President Bashar al-Assad recently rejected an Israeli demand, relayed by Russian President Vladimir Putin, to remove the 70,000 Iranian long-range missiles Hezbollah has deployed throughout Syria that are aimed at the Jewish state.
Assad, according to the article, has ordered his army to build and camouflage missile silos to allow Hezbollah to build its rocket arsenal in Syria, aiming to reach 500,000. This would be added to another 150,000 missiles the terror group already has in Lebanon.
The article further claimed that Syria and Hezbollah will wage a "joint missile campaign" against Israel, and that Iranian experts are ready to launch missiles at Israel from every part of Lebanon and Syria.
"[These missiles] are meant to be fired into occupied Palestine from Syrian territory. They significantly complicate [the activity of] the Israeli enemy's air force, [since it] will have to bombard Hezbollah's missiles and bases in Lebanon in addition to the bases spread across Syria, which hold [these] 70,000 long-range Iranian missiles aimed at the Israeli enemy," the article said, according to a translation by the Middle East Media Research Institute (MEMRI).
"The ability for Iran to move weaponry into Syria is only limited by Iran's transportation fleet and what they have available in their arsenal," Jonathan Schanzer, an expert on terror financing and senior vice president of the Foundation for Defense of Democracies, told the Free Beacon. Essentially, he is saying that there is nothing stopping Iran's military expansion in to Syria, save Israeli strikes against the weapons shipments.
This makes matters difficult for Israel, as "Iran is exploiting the fog of war, and it's working," he added.
"The strategy may now be emerging: saturate Israel with rockets from two northern fronts and overwhelm their air defenses," Schanzer assessed. "Israel has some big decisions ahead. The longer they wait to neutralize this threat, the more nasty that two-front rocket arsenal becomes."
This article originally appeared at unitedwithisrael.org.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details