Hezbollah praised the defeat of Kurdish troops in the northern Iraqi city of Kirkuk, calling it a victory over the Trump administration and Israel, the Jerusalem Post reported on Monday.
Iraqi troops, flanked by Iranian-backed militias, wrested control of the city and surrounding provinces from the Kurdish Peshmerga, while the Trump administration reportedly monitored the situation.
"Our victory in Kirkuk is a victory over the U.S. and Israel and an answer to Trump's threats to Iran," the Post quoted Hezbollah's Sheikh Nabil Qaouk, deputy chief of its forces in southern Lebanon.
"The qualitative and strategic gains achieved by Iraq in Kirkuk is a new achievement for the resistance axis and a new defeat for Trump, America, Israel and others in the region," Qaouk said, according to the report.
In an analysis entitled "Iran's very good week," author and Middle East expert Caroline Glick explained in some detail the implications of Iraq's defeat of Kurdish forces in Kirkuk.
"You have to hand it to the Iranians. They don't play around. Just hours after President Donald Trump gave his speech outlining the contours of a new U.S. policy toward Iran, senior Iranian officials were on the ground in Iraq and Syria not only humiliating the U.S., but altering the strategic balance in Iran's favor," Glick wrote.
Baghdad's Iranian-backed government quashed Kurdish hopes for independence.
When the "combined force of U.S.-armed-and-trained Iraqi government forces and Shi'ite militias took over Kirkuk and other areas," Peshmerga forces in Kirkuk abandoned their posts, Glick explained, noting that Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps directed the operation.
Hezbollah's leaders praised the takeover because it strengthens the prospects of an unimpeded route from Tehran to the Mediterranean, with Israel in its crosshairs.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details