The Islamic Republic of Iran seems to be working overtime to increase its influence in the Gaza Strip on Israel's southern border and in Syria and Lebanon in the north.
It's not as if much has changed; rather, the rabid hatred of the Jewish state by Islamists appears to be reshaping what has been brewing below the surface for decades.
The passage of the Iranian nuclear deal in July 2015, supported and promoted by former U.S. President Barack Obama and his administration, provided Iran with a financial windfall that has benefitted the terror group Hezbollah in Lebanon, President Bashar al-Assad's brutal regime in Syria and Hamas and Islamic Jihad in the Gaza Strip.
Hamas fell out of favor with Iran temporarily when it threw its support behind "rebel groups" opposing Assad's regime. When Hamas leader Khaled Meshaal moved his base from Damascus to Qatar in 2012, the rift with Iran widened.
That relationship has been revitalized, according to Gaza-based Hamas chief Yahya (Yehiyeh) Sinwar, who replaced Ismail Haniyeh when he filled Meshaal's position after he stepped down last year.
Earlier this week, Sinwar announced that Hamas has renewed its formerly close ties with Iran, again enjoying all the benefits that entails. Before the rift, Iran had trained, armed and financed the Gaza-based arm of Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood.
Sinwar told journalists the relationship with its "largest backer financially and militarily" has been restored to its former glory, saying today it is once again "very excellent," AP reported after the press briefing.
Iran has been very upfront about its desire to erase the Jewish state, an ideology it shares with its proxies.
Israeli government and military leaders are keenly aware of the security threat posed by increasing Iranian presence in Syria, Lebanon and Gaza.
The Netanyahu government's most challenging task will be to convince leaders in the West, including Washington, that this is no time for faint-hearted responses to an existential threat.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details