Christians Care International, the only Christian charitable organization that provides a full continuum of direct support services to impoverished Jews of the former Soviet Union (FSU), has launched a new website, ChristiansCare.org, and expanded its operations from Europe to the United States to spread awareness of the dire needs of hundreds of thousands of Jews who remain trapped in poverty and hopelessness in the FSU.
The new website will allow Christians Care International (CCI) to better communicate its mission and create a stronger connection between donors and the people they help.
Since 1991, CCI (formerly known as 49:22TRUST) has operated in Europe, helping more than 87,000 Jews make aliyah (immigrate) to Israel, caring for more than 1,700 Jewish orphans and children who have suffered from neglect and abuse and enabling more than 500 Jewish teenagers to get a world-class education by attending high school in Israel.
"In response to the critical conditions faced by so many Jews in the former Soviet Union, Christians Care International is blessed to expand our efforts into the U.S.," said Don Horwitz, CCI's Executive Director. "By joining hands with the American Christian community to answer God's call to bless Israel and the Jewish people, we can bring new hope to thousands of vulnerable Jews who are desperate for a brighter future."
Aliyah in the Jewish tradition means to "rise up" to Israel—to immigrate to Israel. CCI believes that in addition to helping Jews make aliyah to Israel, it is equally important to "raise up" individuals so they can lead healthy, productive lives. CCI does this through its unique approach of treating the entire person by providing a direct continuum of care that combines on-the-ground, advanced therapeutic services with education, humanitarian aid and emergency shelter.
"Many of the children and adults that we help suffer from deep psychological and physical traumas," explained Juliya Tsapkalova, chief neuropsychologist for CCI in Odessa, Ukraine. "I have seen firsthand how CCI's services can turn around someone's life and set them on a new path toward a healthy and joyful future."
CCI's programs include aliyah assistance for Jews immigrating to Israel along with educational and job-training programs so they can stand on their own two feet when they get there; children's and orphans' programs to rehabilitate severely abused, neglected and abandoned Jewish children and life-saving humanitarian aid for Jewish seniors and families who face medical or other humanitarian emergencies.
Please visit ChristiansCare.org to learn how you can answer God's call to help transform Jewish lives.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details