In Parts 1 and 2 of this series, we looked at the Biblical definition of Israel (People, Nation, Remnant) and a few ways in which Christians have been connecting with Israel in our generation. We discovered that, according to Romans 11 and Ephesians 2 and 3, this relationship between Jew and Gentile, Israel and the nations, carries the promise of bringing fullness to God's plan for revival, restoration, and the Second Coming of Yeshua.
In Part 2, we also looked at a few ways of connecting that are good, but miss the fullness. So, how do we achieve this fullness? What can it look like in our generation?
First, if we are looking for a fullness of connection, a full "grafting in," then this should naturally be made with an "Israel" which satisfies all three Biblical parameters.
Thankfully, in our generation we can find such a group of Jews—the Israeli, Messianic Jewish remnant—those who are Jews (People), Israeli (Nation), and the born again, sealed by the Holy Spirit remnant within Israel (Remnant). According to Paul in Romans 11, it is this group of Jews who carry the full deposit of God's covenants and promises to Israel in their bodies and spirits (Rom. 11:1-15).
Three Strand Cord
In Ephesians, Paul describes the mystery of the reconciliation and unity of Jew and Gentile, together in Messiah, as the "One New Man," declaring that this "mystery of Christ" was not made known to previous generations of prophets as it was being revealed in his day (Eph. 2:14-16; 3:1-6). We can say something similar about our day, in which we see three things that bring this mystery into even sharper focus than it was in the 1st century:
1. A believing remnant of Christians among almost every tribe, tongue and nation on the earth.
2. A restored, independent Jewish nation (with Jerusalem as its capital!) after almost 2,000 years of exile.
3. The restoration of a Jesus-believing remnant in the nation of Israel.
The Scriptures promise that when the church from among the nations sees itself in the right, "grafted in" position vis-a-vis the Israeli remnant; and when the Israeli remnant sees that we are, together with the remnant from every nation, "co-heirs, one Body, and partakers of the same covenants/promises," then we will be positioned together for end times fullness—revival, restoration, and the Second Coming. (Rom 11:11-15; Eph. 3:6) Are we ready?
It's already happening, in the following ways:
1. Teaching: We need revelation about these things, and that comes from the Word and the Holy Spirit. We must heed Paul's warning and seek to not be "ignorant" of this mystery (Rom 11:25).
2. Relationship: We are seeing growing fellowship between leaders of the Israeli Messianic remnant and church leaders from around the world. The "One New Man" doesn't mean that every single Jew and Gentile believer will be in significant relationship with one another—the huge number of Christians worldwide and the small number of Messianic Jews simply makes this impossible. This is where the role of leadership in the Body of Christ becomes key: When leaders, who represent communities of believers, come together in prayer, trust, and relationship, then a global One New Man church can be realized.
3. Cooperation: As relationship grows, we are seeing cooperation in prayer and worship conferences, outreach, media, etc.
4. Government: This last one requires a whole article by itself, but we believe that in these days the Lord is restoring a fullness of apostolic and prophetic order and spiritual government to His people. The fullness of this restoration is dependent upon the right alignment with the fullness of the One New Man restoration of relationship between Israel and the nations, in Christ.
For the original article, visit reviveisrael.org.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details