The media reported last week that Secretary of State Hillary Clinton "warned" Israel that if they don't support peace negotiations with the Palestinians, they risk losing Arab support for combating Iranian threats against Israel.
First of all, I was not aware that the Arab nations were supporting Israel in any way. In any case this is another warning to Israel from the Obama administration. Apparently the Obama administration believes that there is a good possibility that the Netanyahu government will NOT support the peace process in its current form. This is not what Secretary of State Clinton nor President Obama want to hear.
Clinton says that she is reserving judgment until her meeting with Prime Minister Netanyahu in Washington, D.C. in May. Though she is reserving judgment she and the Obama administration are letting Netanyahu know well in advance what they expect Israel to do.
This is becoming very interesting. I feel like saying to Clinton that I (General Secretary of the Messianic Jewish Alliance of America) am reserving judgment on her until I see how she handles herself with the Israeli prime minister. That'll teach her!
There is no doubt that whatever she has to say to PM Netanyahu will be exactly what President Obama wants her to convey. She will not sway from the party line.
What is clear is that they are heavily invested in the futile and dangerous two state solution and don't really want to hear or entertain any other scenarios. They simply have a different agenda than Israel (whose main agenda is to survive and not put themselves at senseless risk) and want Israel to play along at whatever the cost.
We'll watch together. The future of our country rests on how we treat Israel. (Gen. 12:3)
Joel Chernoff, better known for pioneering Messianic Jewish Praise and Worship music with the group “Lamb,” serves as General Secretary (or CEO) of the Messianic Jewish Alliance of America (MJAA). Established in 1915, the MJAA is the single largest organization representing the interests of the Messianic Jewish community in the world. For more information about his ministry, go to http://joelchernoff.wordpress.com/.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details