In a televised speech at an Iranian uranium conversion plant in Isfahan, Ahmadinejad rejected the "illegal" censure of his nation by the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA). He said the agency was "under pressure from a few superficially powerful countries."
The IAEA passed a resolution Friday denouncing Iran for constructing a secret enrichment plant near the city of Qom. Tehran responded by announcing plans to build 10 more uranium enrichment sites.
Ahmadinejad said Iran would enrich its uranium to higher levels despite international calls to halt its enrichment activities. He also said international sanctions would be ineffective. "Aggressors will regret their action as soon as they put their finger on the trigger," he said.
"Iran's nuclear issue has been resolved... [and] there is no need for [more] talks,"Ahmadinejad said. He added that Tehran is "not obliged to inform the International Atomic Energy Agency about our plans to build nuclear sites unless the technology is imported. Friendly relations with the [IAEA] are over."
The German news journal Der Spiegel reported that Iranian scientists are believed to have successfully simulated the detonation of a nuclear warhead, one of the most technologically challenging problems it would face in developing a nuclear weapon.
Experts believe it could take Iran as little as a year to acquire the expertise and a sufficient quantity of highly enriched uranium to build a real nuclear warhead.
The same paper also cites intelligence reports as warning that a restructuring has been ordered within the Iranian Defense Ministry, which is an indication that the department responsible for Tehran's military nuclear program is under government pressure to push ahead with its activities.
Janes Defense Weekly reported on Wednesday that it has satellite images that prove that construction activity at the site near Qom has increased since the enrichment facility was exposed in October.
Iranian officials have said they would like to have the plant up and running by early 2011.
[Source: International Christian Embassy Jerusalem; icej.org]
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details