What a blessing it is to be grandparents. Psalm 128: 1-6 promises the children of Israel that they will see their children's children. "Thy wife shall be as a fruitful vine by the sides of thine house: thy children like olive plants round about thy table" (v. 3, KJV). "Yea, thou shalt see thy children's children, and peace upon Israel" (v. 6, KJV).
We are so grateful for the fruitfulness of God in our lives. We are going to have to expand our dining table because the olive plants are already crowding the table. The Father loves to be surrounded by many children.
(Pictured above: Israeli children on a field trip in Jerusalem's Old City)
David in this psalm speaks of God's faithfulness to give us fruitful lives on this earth. He says, "Blessed is every one who fears the Lord, who walks in His ways. When you eat the labor of your hands, you shall be happy, and it shall be well with you" (vv. 1-2).
David is telling us of God's provision to those who fear Him. His provision to all who serve Him is fruitfulness to us as we birth physical births and spiritual births, fruitfulness because of the labor of our hands, and fruitfulness to our souls. Our souls will demonstrate the fruits of the spirit-joy, peace, love, patience, kindness, gentleness, meekness, temperance and faithfulness.
The words faithfulness and fruitfulness are closely related. As we are faithful to fear the Lord, He is faithful to produce fruit in our lives, and we will live abundant, happy (blessed) lives. This does not mean we will never have troubles. It means we will remain in His joy, and our joy will be full as we abide in the vine no matter what circumstances we are experiencing. After all, fruit receives nourishment from the vine, and Jesus is that strong vine who supplies daily all we need to be fruitful.
God, I know You are a firstfruit God. As I seek You first in my life, I know You will bless every aspect of my life with fruitfulness. Thank You for supplying such a wonderful nourishing vine (Jesus Christ) that I can receive from daily all I need in this life.
READ: Joel 1:1-3:21; Revelation 1:1-20; Psalm 128:1-6; Proverbs 29:18
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Incredible Savings, Inspiration and Encouragement from CHARISMA:
- End Of The Year - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
- Big Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, and more.
- FREE eCourses by CHARISMA: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Women Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.