As Israeli forces intensify their campaign to put an end to the terrorist rocket threat emanating from Gaza, the Israel Defense Forces are taking unprecedented steps to avoid civilian casualties, often at the cost of successfully completing their missions. The IDF has made thousands of phone calls to Palestinian homes located near terrorist targets warning residents beforehand of an impending strike.
The IDF has also dropped thousands of leaflets over Gaza that read: “For your own safety, take responsibility for yourselves and avoid being present in the vicinity of Hamas operatives and facilities and those of other terror organizations that pose a risk to your safety.”
Sadly, Hamas and its allied terror groups have a cynical disregard for all life, even the lives of Palestinians. They are known to actively seek civilian casualties for use in the public relations battle to delegitimize Israel. Despite Hamas’ best efforts, the IDF’s policies have paid off, and, while every civilian casualty is tragic, the ratio of civilian deaths to combatants killed in Gaza is unprecedentedly low. (Israel Today/Ryan Jones)
U.S. Senators Express Israeli Support
Thirty U.S. senators signed a resolution last week that expresses support for Israel’s “inherent right to act in self-defense.” The non-binding resolution, drafted by Senators Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.) and Mark Kirk (R-Ill.), “expresses unwavering commitment to the security of the State of Israel as a Jewish and democratic state with secure borders, and recognizes and strongly supports its inherent right to act in self-defense to protect its citizens against acts of terrorism.” (Arutz-7)
U.S. Appeals for Intervention
The United States has asked countries that have contact with the ruling Hamas terrorist organization in Gaza to urge the group to stop its continuous rocket attacks against Israel, a White House adviser said last week.
“We’ve asked those that have a degree of influence with Hamas such as Turkey, and Egypt to use that influence to urge Hamas to de-escalate,” said Ben Rhodes, deputy national security adviser.
Asked whether the US was concerned Israeli ground forces would enter Gaza, Rhodes said: “Ultimately it’s up to the Israeli government to make determinations about how they’re going to carry out their military objectives.”
The US State Department has instructed diplomats stationed in Israel not to send their children to school in light of the rocket fire on the Tel Aviv metropolitan area. The US Embassy has forbidden employees from traveling to south Israel. (Reuters/Ynet)
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details