JAR (Jewish Assistance and Relief) is currently mounting an urgent campaign, “Operation Pillar of Support,” to help those who were most affected by Hamas terror, raining down rockets on southern Israel from Gaza.
Families in Be’er Sheva, Sderot, Ashdod, Netivot, and Ashkelon were affected by being out of work, compounding their already dire straits. Giving them extra help at this time relieves some of the stress that they have been under and lets them know that others care.
The Food Card also helps contribute to the local economy, by bringing in funds that help support local businesses and pay salaries to workers in the community.
Food4Israel has launched a website for donating to the Israel National Food Card, distributed to over 6,000 underprivileged families in Israel. Cards are used to buy food and other necessities (no tobacco, alcohol or electronics) in major grocery chain stores. The chains give JAR a rebate that is used to fund the administrative expenses so that 100 percent of donations go towards funds to help put more nutritional meals on the table.
The Israel Food Card is a reloadable debit card with which underprivileged are given $75-300 monthly, based upon need, to buy groceries for their family. This is the most dignified and efficient way to help needy families. There is no need for food storage facilities, packing, a distribution network nor kitchens for serving prepared foods. Elderly and special needs clients can buy foods that fit their special diets.
Cards are distributed by the Ministry of Social Welfare to clients known to their social workers. Clients include, single-parent households, the elderly, those with special needs and Holocaust survivors. Food cards are distributed without racial, religious or cultural discrimination of any kind.
“The card is used like a credit card, so the recipient shops like anyone else, picking out what they think is best for their family—no food distribution center or bureaucrat dictates what they can eat,” said Daniel Goodman, president of JAR. “This is a wonderful holiday charity gift that the donor can send with our HonorCards to friends and family members showing the charitable giving. Combining tax-deductible charitable giving and support of Israel makes for a most meaningful gift.”
JAR presently distributes 100,000 cards per year across Israel, including monthly and holiday food cards, totaling $5,000,000 annually.
CharityChoice Gift Cards has partnered with JAR to create the www.Food4Israel.com website, with all of the functionality, including posting of Season's greetings and Israel themed graphics on Facebook friend's walls.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details