Two of the leading experts in the Christian travel industry, Honnie Korngold, Executive Producer and Host of Travel with Spirit, and Mark Dreistadt, President and CEO of Infinity Concepts, recently stressed the spiritual and historical significance of including Akko in your next trip to Israel.
”Akko is a must for every Christian traveler's visit to Israel,” Korngold said. “This breathtaking Mediterranean city transported me back in time to several historic periods that are a part of our Christian heritage, from the journeys of Paul to the Crusaders. Every tourist who comes to Israel needs to include Akko in their travel plans because of the historical and spiritual significance found there.”
Akko is often referred to as the gateway to the Holy Land, and has been considered the primary point of entry into Israel for thousands of years. The biblical city of Akko was recently featured on the syndicated television show Travel with Spirit. The segment featuring Akko can be found at www.travelwithspirit.com/akko.
Mark Dreistadt was also recently interviewed on Son Broadcasting Network regarding the city of Akko.
“Words cannot describe the importance of including a visit to Akko on the first day of touring through the Holy Land. Visiting the many sites and understanding the biblical and post-biblical significance of this city sets the tone for the rest of your trip,” Dreistadt said. “You have the opportunity to stand in the footsteps of the Apostle Paul and understand the significance of the Crusades on the land and people of Israel, all while enjoying a breathtaking city that is full of character, charm, and mystique.”
Some 4,000 years ago, the land of Akko was given to the tribe of Asher to enter and possess (Judges 1:31). After the resurrection of Jesus, Paul the Apostle traveled to this port city as recorded in Acts 21:7.
Centuries later, Akko would become the gateway to the Holy Land for the Crusaders, and ultimately the center of their operations.
For more information about the biblical city of Akko, please visit www.visitakko.com.
The biblical city of Akko in Israel, which is also referred to as Acre and Ptolemais, is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. For thousands of years the port city of Akko served as the gateway to the Holy Land and had tremendous strategic importance.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer