We are heading into a special period of growth and multiplication. In Israel, the rains have been abundant (see Hos. 6:3); the almond flowers have blossomed (see Jer. 1:11); this is an “acceptable year of favor” (see Is. 61:2).
The book of Acts documents the growth in numbers of the early disciples. It started at the Holy Spirit outpouring in Jerusalem.
- Acts 2:41 – About 3,000 souls were added. It continued in the first community of faith there.
- Acts 2:47 - The Lord added daily those who were being saved. In the wake of healing miracles and religious persecution, more were added.
- Acts 4:4 – Many of those who heard the word believed, and the number of men came to about 5,000. After the judgment of Ananias and Sapphira, the numbers increased even more.
- Acts 5:14 – Believers were increasingly added to the Lord, multitudes of both men and women. The number increased among Greek-speaking Jews as well.
- Acts 6:1 - In those days the number of the disciples was multiplying. With new administrative and financial order, the numbers grew even more, including ultra-Orthodox religious Jews in the Temple.
- Acts 6:7 – The number of disciples multiplied greatly in Jerusalem, and a great many of the priests were obedient to the faith. The revival spread northward to Samaria.
- Acts 8:14 – Samaria received the word of God. It reached national proportions after Saul (Paul) came to faith.
- Acts 9:31 – The church in all Judea, Galilee and Samaria … grew in number. Greater Tel Aviv today includes Jaffa, Lod and Sharon. It contains the largest number of Jewish people living in one place at any time in history. This entire area turned to the Lord 2,000 years ago. (Notice the word “all.”)
- Acts 9:35 – All the inhabitants of Lydda (Lod) and Sharon turned to the Lord.
- Acts 9:42 – This was made known in all Joppa (Jaffa) and many believed. Hallelujah! All Tel Aviv (Jaffa, Lod and Sharon) had a revival. From there it spread into Europe, Asia and Africa. The growth continued in Antioch (see Acts 13:44), Iconium (14:1), Lystra (16:2), Thessalonica (17:1), Berea (17:10), Athens (17:15), all of Asia Minor (19:10), Ephesus (19:17), myriads in Jerusalem (21:17), Malta (28:9) and Rome (28:30).
May these verses from Acts about growth in numbers encourage you! All Israel will be saved (see Rom. 11:26); all Tel Aviv will be saved (see Acts 9:35). If it happened then, it can happen now. If it happened in Israel, it can happen in your nation.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details