Congresswoman Michele Bachmann sparked controversy this week when she said American Jewish organizations chose the Democratic Party over the state of Israel.
In a radio interview with the Family Research Council, Bachmann said, “What has been shocking has been seeing and observing Jewish organizations, who, it appears, have made it their priority to support the political priority and the political ambitions of the president over the best interests of Israel. They sold out Israel.”
As a proud American Jew who has long been involved with evangelical Christians like Bachmann, I wish to thank her for her statement. She spoke truth to power and is absolutely right that countless liberal Jewish organizations do sell out the Jewish state—and harm American and Israeli interests in the process. Thank you, Congresswoman Bachmann, for telling the truth.
Those of us in the American Jewish community most concerned about Israel understand that there must be even stronger partnerships with the evangelical Christian community. Christians are supportive of and potentially important for the needs of the state of Israel.
Close relations between traditional Jews and the evangelical community encourage pro-family values, which strengthen both America and Israel.
America as a Judeo-Christian nation means stressing the common ethical standards of Christianity and Judaism, which liberal American Jews no longer do, as they have abandoned traditional values. The evangelical audience’s religious faith is predicated upon the importance of Israel—and we appreciate that Christians stand by the Jewish state, care for Israel and raise money for Israel and needs of the Jewish people.
When Jewish organizations were built in America, the leadership had a common sense of social values that dictated freedom and equality for all because they knew the cost of racism and bigotry. They pursued those ideals to protect Jews and preserve their abilities to remain proud Jews.
Today, generations later, liberalism has now been amended to oddly reject Judaism. It seems that advocating for the rights of those who would see Jews and Israel disappear by opposing Jews as well has become the mantra of liberal Jews.
Israel thanks people like pastor John Hagee, the American Center for Law and Justice and ots brilliant leader, Jay Sekulow, and others who stand with Israel. Thank you, Michele Bachmann, for speaking the truth.
May God bless America and the state of Israel.
Ronn Torossian is one of America’s most prolific and respected public relations experts.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details