While news came this week that Russia was suspended from the G-8 and tensions continue to rise between America and Russia, the U.S. State Department continues to expect an apology from Israel’s defense minister.
Last week, Defense Minister Moshe Ya’alon said, “It isn’t a favor America is doing; it’s in their interest. They get quality intelligence and technology.”
As Ya’alon rightly noted, Obama’s America has developed an image in the world of “feebleness.”
Ya’alon last earned the ire of the State Department a month ago when he said, “The American security plan that was presented to us is not worth the paper it was written on. It contains neither security nor peace. Only our continued presence in Judea and Samaria and the Jordan River will guarantee that Ben Gurion Airport and [the northern city of] Netanya do not become targets for missiles from every direction.”
He continued by saying that Secretary of State John Kerry “operates based upon an unfathomable obsession and a messianic feeling.”
And while Israel’s most senior and most popular cabinet member speaks the truth, American State Department spokeswoman Jen Psaki says, “We still have remaining concerns about Ya’alon’s pattern of behavior,” adding, “I think we clearly expressed our displeasure by his offensive comments, and an apology would be a natural next step.”
Why would the State Department ask a foreign ally to apologize for telling the truth? Barack Obama says Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is a “political coward” whose policies pose a greater threat to Israel’s existence than Iran’s nuclear program because he does not know what is in the country’s best interests.
The deputy defense minister of Israel, Danny Danon, has vowed to quit the government if Palestinian terrorists are released as part of this “peace plan.” As Danon says, “The Palestinians took advantage, and not for the first time, of our desire for peace and naiveté, to trick us. They pretended to negotiate, and we released vile murderers.”
Danon says Kerry’s plan is “dangerous and detached from reality.”
Israel is a country surrounded by Arab nations devoted to doing all they can to harm the West. The bottom line is that when Israel’s senior-most defense officials speak out, they do so simply in a desire to protect the only Jewish state. Terrorists have declared war on Israel as well as America. Israel is the only country in the Middle East where an American flag is not burned. During times such as these, when American interests are at a low place worldwide, the Obama/Kerry team needs to simply leave Israel alone.
Israel understands what Israel needs better than Barack Obama and John Kerry.
Ronn Torossian is one of America’s most prolific and respected public relations experts.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details