Simply put, according to Scripture, the church is the chosen vessel of God to breathe spiritual life back into Israel. The apostle Paul makes this clear to us not only with an example of his own life and deeds, but also in Romans chapter 11 he reminds us about the mercy that we have received from God through our own salvation, that now we would release that mercy back to Israel.
"Just as you who were at one time disobedient to God have now received mercy as a result of their disobedience, so they too have now become disobedient in order that they too may now receive mercy as a result of God's mercy to you" (Rom. 11:30-31).
And then again in Romans, Paul encourages us speaking specifically about reaching the Jewish people, "How then can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them?" (Rom.10:14).
Weren't most of us blind before we could see? So, shouldn't we be operating out of love and grace for those who are still blind? This would also include the Jewish people, who have been supernaturally blinded by God Himself until the appointed time of their redemption (Isaiah 6:9-10). Should the flavor and the saltiness of our salvation and on going relationship with Yeshua/Jesus be like a fountain flowing from our hearts into the lives of those all around us who have yet to taste and see that the Lord is good?
Yet Israel's spiritual blindness has truly baffled us, with many saying in the church that God is finished with Israel, or even replaced her. Yet the same text tells us that their hardening is only temporary and as we come into the fullness of the Gentiles, so it says that all Israel will be saved. (Romans 11:25-26) Jesus Himself has told us that the first would be last. In other words, His firstborn children must be spiritually awakened and re-grafted back into the Olive Tree at the end (the last), before Jesus can return in fulfillment of the covenants towards them and the numerous Scriptures to restore them back into the family of God.
If you are still unclear about this and God's unfailing love for Israel, which by the way does not condone everything they do, because they are still in need of redemption. Listen to the prophet Jeremiah who had the daunting task of facing Israel's rebellion. "Only if the heavens above can be measured and the foundations of the earth below be searched out will I reject all the descendants of Israel because of all they have done," declares the Lord (Jer. 31:37).
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer