A Millennial stands in Northern California.
Sean Feucht, well-known for his 16 Christian albums of worship and his work with Bethel Church in Redding, California, announced his run for political office in California's third district against Democratic Congressman John Garamendi.
While Mr. Feucht may not fit the politician's mold, he may very well fit Congressional District No. 3. The point will be whether he can transition from leading worship and ministering on a large stage to becoming adept and efficient in grassroots, precinct-level organizing. Because in electoral campaigning it really comes down to two things: 1) How many votes can you bring to the table, and 2) How much money can you bring in that brings votes to the table.
For spiritual resurrection in America to become possible, Sean and Millennials and Generation Z's like him will have no other choice than to return American Christendom to the ekklesia model specified by Jesus in Matthew 16:18. The light cannot be hidden under a bushel, or behind the four walls of the church building.
Salt and light, as well as the leaven of heaven, will have to be reinserted into the culture, and, needless to say, by other means than those employed over the last 75 years.
A Sunday sermon isn't a denomination of political currency, and running a bus across a state when 50% of the vote is already in from early voting isn't either. Press conferences, press releases and shout-outs on FOX News don't count for much as political currency; they're equivalent at best to nickels on the dollar.
On the other hand, having 90% of one's congregation registered to vote, and then mustering and marshaling the 90% to the voting booth, those are the essential prerequisites for successful electoral campaign politics. Believers are going to have to take their game some good levels up if America is to survive.
Sean, gratefully acknowledged, is yet another sign that a spiritual fire is alight in California's public square.
Salute to Sean Feucht.
Gideons and Rahabs are beginning to stand.
David Lane is the founder of American Renewal Project.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details