Before Rush Limbaugh left this planet for his heavenly home, he warned us that the Democratic Party wants "Michelle My Bell" in the White House.
Years ago, I wrote a commentary saying the same thing.
The day of reckoning is fast approaching for Mr. Biden and his son, Hunter. If you're OK with letting him tell you how you're to raise your children, shouldn't you first consider how Hunter turned out? And how about the way America has turned out after two-and-a-half years of his terrible track record?
When he, along with extremist Democrat "progressives," pile multiple criminal charges on Mr. Trump saying, "No one is above the law," my question is "How come illegals are?" Meanwhile, Hillary Clinton and Stacey Abrams still challenge their elections while Mr. Trump is hauled in for doing the exact same thing.
How about Mr. Biden, who swore an oath of office to uphold the law yet brazenly disregards it with illegal immigration?
In two-and-a-half years, 7 million have entered the United States including 114 (that we've caught!) on the "Terrorist Watch List." There were only 14 in four years under Trump.
Gas prices averaged $1.86 when he left office. Now, it's over $4.00. Groceries are at a 20-year high and "the beat goes on."
Day of Reckoning
When Congress returns from their summer recess, they resume investigation into law-breaking allegations of bribery, influence peddling, lying, etc., regarding Biden and his family. Congressman Greg Steube (R-Fla.) has drawn up four articles of impeachment that are "long overdue," even as recent discovery has been found of Biden using numerous fake email names interacting with Hunter like "Robert L. Peters" and "Robin Ware."
When the leftist-leaning Washington Post runs an article, "Why Democrat Dean Phillips Says Biden Shouldn't Run Again," I think we know intuitively "the handwriting is on the wall to close out Joe Biden, either through retirement or resignation. A total of 77% of Americans now say Biden is too old to run again" (Associated Press 8/28/23).
After Biden, is it Hillary for another go around? Probably not. She's done after two straight defeats.
RFK Jr.? Nope—Democrat bosses reject him outright and his minuscule constituency can't deliver.
Gavin Newsom? He's the one my dear friend, Che Ahn, took to the Supreme Court (and won) for shutting down churches during COVID. The real story of his state is losing nearly a million residents the past three years (crime, cost of living, congestion and catastrophic taxes).
Kamala Harris? She had her chance and blew it. She accomplished nothing and was in it over her head from the get-go.
The Democratic bench is as thin as a stale taco shell. That's why all eyes will soon turn to the familiar face of Michelle Obama.
The Democrats are desperate to not relinquish control of the country they have resolved to refurbish as a progressive, big government state. Barack Obama spoke of it when he started his reign, and now he can coach his wife to complete what he called the "fundamental transformation of America."
Behind closed doors in a senior-level, prophetic leadership gathering I posed the question to the most astute and experienced political expert present. I had a premonition, but wanted to hear his educated perspective. When asked his guess on who will be the Democrats' nominee, he candidly said the same thing that leftist filmmaker Michael Moore had said, "Her last name rhymes with Obama."
1. She can stay somewhat out of sight, like Biden, and then appear at the opportune time. Naysayers say she wouldn't go out on the campaign trail and nibble hotdogs in Iowa. She can simply sit back and enjoy her life of leisure, wait out the primaries, then show up with Barack at the convention to thunderous applause and a fawning media.
2. If Trump gets the nomination, she'd be an attractive and formidable opponent contrasted with his tough guy, sometimes bullying personality.
3. She's a charismatic and articulate former First Lady who is a political celebrity worldwide, enjoying rock-star status. She was named "The Most Admired Woman in the World" in a survey where the now deceased Queen Elizabeth came in 4th and Melania Trump was 19th.
4. Her latest book, "Becoming" sold over 14 million copies ("The Light We Carry" followed as a #1 bestseller and launched her Podcast). People love her and identify with her journey. She appeals to millennials, single and married women, blacks and other minorities, liberals, independents, the LGBTQ and pro-choice proponents, Hollywood celebrities (like Oprah Winfrey, music and movie stars), the well-educated and wealthy upper class.
5. She'd be portrayed as someone who supposedly can unite a polarized, nation and protect her husband's legacy, preventing the dismantling of his policies and the progress of progressives in transforming America.
6. She would capture the history making prize of being the first woman president in US history, accomplishing it as a youthful, just turned 60, educated, fashionable black woman, who appeals to the overwhelming majority of demographic groups in America.
7. She has experience and demonstrated leadership in the White House as an advisor to the president; worked as an attorney and university administrator; initiated a global effort to keep young girls in school; coordinated the "When We All Vote" effort to mobilize voters; has 56 million followers on social media; and has successfully raised two daughters, who are now succeeding in their separate spheres.
Here's the Deal: The United States is at a crossroads and time of frightening, accelerating moral decline. If Michelle Obama gets the nomination for the presidency, discernment will be critical because behind the person, personality and popularity is a Democratic platform with unreserved support for multitudes of issues contrary to Scripture and undermining the Judeo-Christian values upon which America was founded.
Jesus told us to "watch and pray" (Luke 21:36) and to be "salt" in holding back decay. May God help us to be engaged in proclaiming and actively living out the gospel and truth in what could be the most challenging time to be Christ followers in history.
Larry Tomczak author of 10 books, is a cultural commentator of 50 yrs, Intercessors for America board member, best-selling author and a public policy adviser with Liberty Counsel. His new, innovative video/book, BULLSEYE, develops informed influencers in 30 days (see www.bullseyechallenge.com). and he has a variety of resources on his website (see www.larrytomczak.com). You can also hear his weekly podcast here.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.