Days ago, the influential Washington Post did a feature article on one of the most popular daytime talk show hosts in history, Ellen DeGeneres. The article was titled "The Downward Spiral of Ellen DeGeneres's Public Persona: the Complete Guide."
This falls on the heels of an article in The New York Times headlined: "Ellen DeGeneres is Not as Nice as You Think." Ellen has been labeled the "queen of nice" during her 17-year career on her show, so this comes as quite a shock.
Numerous celebrities have called her treatment of people as "horrible" and her work environment as "toxic." Scripture cautions us: "The first to plead his case seems right, until another comes and examines him" (Prov. 18:17, NASB).
In this time of unprecedented "shaking" that's taking place in every sphere of our society, this one will be interesting to watch while we pray for the parties involved.
Since it was done publicly on national TV, I have firsthand experience with Ellen calling me out, misrepresenting my sincere religious convictions and making me look foolish in the eyes of her audience.
In these days of incivility and the "cancel culture" where people are shamed and disparaged cavalierly in extremely evil ways, maybe you missed how I tried to graciously address Ellen's dealing with me. May it encourage you to be courageous in standing up to unrighteousness as well as inspire you how to winsomely respond to people in Christlike conduct when attacked unfairly.
Watch this video. Remember, the Bible teaches us: "Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer each person" (Col.4:6, ESV).
Larry Tomczak author of 10 books, is a cultural commentator of 46 yrs, Intercessors for America board member, best-selling author and a public policy adviser with Liberty Counsel. His new, innovative video/book, BULLSEYE, develops informed influencers in 30 days (see www.bullseyechallenge.com). and he has a variety of resources on his website (see www.larrytomczak.com). You can also hear his weekly podcast here.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details