The parent company of Zondervan, HarperCollins, announced that it plans to publish next year the inspirational memoir of outspoken Christian athlete Tim Tebow, the e-newsletter Christian Retailing Update reported Monday.
Slated for release on April 19, Through My Eyes will tell the story of how Tebow, who is considered one of the greatest college football players of all time, was able to fulfill his dream.
"I hope it can inspire people of all ages that are aspiring to fulfill their dreams. I look forward to taking readers inside my life, both on and off the field," said Tebow, the 2007 Heisman Trophy winner, two-time national champion quarterback at the University of Florida and a rookie with the Denver Broncos.
Lisa Sharkey, senior vice president and director of creative development for HarperCollins, who acquired the book, said Tebow "has inspired a generation of fans with his accomplishments on the football field as well as his devout faith and family values."
Tebow attributes his core values to his parents, who were missionaries when he was growing up, beginning with their faith in God. "We really wanted to pass on our value system to teach them about their heritage, not only as a family, but as Christians," Tebow's mother, Pam Tebow, told Charisma in 2008 when the magazine profiled the then-college quarterback in a major feature story.
HarperOne Senior Vice President and Publisher Mark Tauber added: "Tebow's story is one that will find a wide audience for years to come."
Through My Eyes will be co-written by Nathan Whitaker, who worked alongside former NFL coach and NBC's Football Night in America analyst Tony Dungy on his three New York Times best-sellers: The Mentor Leader, Uncommon and Quiet Strength, all from Tyndale House Publishers.
With nearly 1.2 million copies sold, Quiet Strength--released in August 2007--has become one of the best-selling, sports-related titles in history.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details