ISIL is painting the picture for the world to see of what strict, radical adherence to Islam looks like. While they may represent a "tiny fraction," that minority has set the Middle East on fire and is growing with each passing day. ISIL is pure radical Islam and they are challenging all Muslims to take a hard look at their faith. For some, ISIL is a very attractive expression of Islam, but for millions of Muslims, it is unsettling. This presents a great opportunity that the church is best poised to answer.
Dr. Shariat said, "Many Muslims are taking up that challenge, looking at the Quran more objectively, and coming to the conclusion that the root of their problem is not ISIS but Islam itself."
Islam really is the problem and ISIL is yet another manifestation of that problem. There is no question that the religion provides a foundation for groups like ISIS, al-Qaida, Hamas, Hezbollah, Boko Haram and Al-shabaab to arise.
As these terror groups continue to expose Islam's violent roots, many Muslims are finding themselves at a crossroad. Most really are decent people who desperately want to connect with God. They are not the problem; their religion is.
This is where our prayers and missions outreaches are needed the most. We must intercede on behalf of the millions of Muslims who are seeking refuge both physically and spiritually from the damaging effects of the Islamic world. The world is watching the Middle East and concerned about a global conflict. The church should be watching the Middle East with an expectancy for a massive end-time harvest of Muslims.
The president said, "We cannot turn against one another by letting this fight be defined as a war between America and Islam."
He may not declare war with Islam, but we must. Not a war against the Muslim, but for the salvation of the Muslim. Our faith does not allow us to turn a blind eye to a billion people that Christ died to save. Islam is not only an enemy to us, but it is an enemy to the Muslim as well. It is a thief that kills, steals and destroys life from its followers. Fortunately, we know the One who offers life in all its fullness.
Church, stay alert, stay informed and stay on your knees!
Daniel K. Norris is an evangelist who worked alongside Steve Hill bringing the message of revival and repentance to the nations. Together, they co-hosted a broadcast called "From the Frontlines." Norris also hosts the Collision Youth Conference that is broadcast all over the world. He can be contacted at danielknorris.com.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details