The U.S. Latino population has doubled in the last 18 years and so has the number of Pentecostals. A recent study by Trinity College found that the growth rate of Latino Pentecostals kept pace with immigration trends.
Researchers also found that Hispanic immigration helped the Catholic Church maintain its position as the nation's largest religious tradition, with Latinos making up 32 percent of all U.S. Catholics in 2008 compared to 20 percent in 1990.
Some of the growth trends weren't positive for Christians, however. The number of Latinos reporting no religious affiliation was the fastest-growing segment, jumping from 900,000, or 6 percent, in 1990 to nearly 4 million, or 12 percent, in 2008.
The findings are based on Trinity College's American Religious Identification Survey.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details