The Good Book reminds us to make a joyful noise unto the Lord—but that will no longer be the case at Searcy High School in Arkansas.
The school's choir director was ordered to take down several Christian-themed posters in a music room after a bunch of out-of-town atheists complained.
The Freedom From Religion Foundation said the posters violated the U.S. Constitution and had to be taken down.
"A music room should be a place of harmony, not religious division," FFRF Co-President Annie Lauire Gaylor said in a statement. "Student chorus members of minority faiths and no religion must feel equally welcomed."
The Freedom From Religion Foundation is a notorious group of Wisconsin-based atheists, agnostics and free-thinkers who are hell-bent on removing Christianity from the public marketplace.
They typically target small towns and communities and bully them into submission. And that's exactly what happened to the good people of Searcy.
"It kind of hurts my heart," Searcy alumnus Savanna Moore told television station KARK. "I even knew some people in choir who did not believe in Christianity, but I never heard a complaint about it ever."
Among the Bible-themed messages that triggered the out-of-town atheists:
- Love binds us together in perfect harmony (Col. 3:14).
- Sing and make music from your heart to the Lord (Eph. 5:19).
- As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, my God (Ps. 42:1).
"Religion is a divisive force in public schools," the FFRF wrote to the school district. "This religious display is particularly inappropriate given that about 44 percent of those born after 1990 are non-Christian."
It's too bad the school district did not stand up to the FFRF bullies and their legal thuggery. There's nothing worse than a bunch of tone deaf atheists.
Todd Starnes is host of "Fox News & Commentary," heard on hundreds of radio stations. Sign up for his American Dispatch newsletter, be sure to join his Facebook page and follow him on Twitter. His latest book is The Deplorables' Guide to Making America Great Again.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details