A New York high school has transformed two vacant rooms into areas where Muslim students can pray during Ramadan.
A spokesperson for Shenendehowa High School said the decision to offer Muslim prayer rooms on public property is part of their effort to be culturally proficient.
"The school is trying to do a lot more to be culturally inclusive and so is the district," school spokesperson Kelly DeFeciani told the Saratogian newspaper.
"We are trying to get people to understand all different cultures," she told the newspaper. "We want to make the school conducive, so all students can learn, can feel accepted and feel understood."
Shen High School recently made national news after they hosted a student art exhibit that included profane references to President Trump. Click here to read that story.
The school district was quick to add that any student of any faith could use the prayer rooms—but it's clear the main intent is for Muslims to have a place to pray during Ramadan.
"With this effort, this group can meet both their educational and religious obligations," DeFeciani told the newspaper. "In this case, it's the principal's decision. He's doing it to meet the needs of his students."
It's yet another example of a public school accommodating Islam while marginalized other religious groups.
I'm rather surprised the Freedom From Religion Foundation and the American Civil Liberties Union hasn't raise a stink about this.
Whenever Christian students and teachers pray or reference God in graduation speeches or read their Bible, the atheist groups break out with a raging case of microaggressions.
But when a public school turns classrooms into de facto mosques, the atheists and agnostics and freethinkers are curiously silent.
Todd Starnes is host of "Fox News & Commentary," heard on hundreds of radio stations. Sign up for his American Dispatch newsletter, be sure to join his Facebook page and follow him on Twitter. His latest book is The Deplorables' Guide to Making America Great Again.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details