Like many Americans, Barron Trump has seen the image of his father's decapitated head. And as you might imagine—the 11-year-old boy was traumatized by what he saw:
D-List comedian Kathy Griffin holding a bloody replica of President Trump's severed head.
It was gruesome, gory and despicable.
"Kathy Griffin should be ashamed of herself," President Trump wrote in a Twitter message. "My children, especially my 11-year-old son, Barron, are having a hard time with this. Sick!"
Controversial photographer Tyler Shields said he and Miss Griffin were hoping to create a bold message.
"That's what art is meant to do," he told Fox News. "Some people look at it, and they love it. Some people look at it, and they hate it ... I understand there are going to be people that hate this. It's a very touchy subject ... but this is not real. We didn't kill anybody, nor do I feel anybody should be killed."
Cable News-ers seemed to shrug it off. MSNBC's Morning Joe said it was not a story worth covering.
I wonder if they would've said the same if Miss Griffin had been holding President Obama's severed head?
It's cliché, I know. But it needed to be said. The hypocrisy of the left needs to be exposed; it must be exposed.
Miss Griffin is no stranger to the cable news landscape. Since 2007 she has co-hosted CNN's New Year's Eve coverage with Anderson Cooper. The show is known for its vulgar content and sexually-charged innuendo.
Mr. Cooper denounced the faux-beheading, calling it "clearly disgusting and completely inappropriate."
At this point CNN has been non-committal on her future with the network.
"We found what she did disgusting and offensive," the network said in a statement published by Fox News. "We are evaluating our New Year's Eve coverage and have made no decisions at this point."
Miss Griffin has since apologized for the act of artistic savagery, but I sincerely question her sincerity.
I will give her credit, though. That one photograph encapsulates the unbridled fury and visceral hatred of the progressive left towards those on the right.
It's just more evidence of the political and cultural jihad they are waging not just on President Trump, but on all of us gun-toting, Bible-clinging Deplorables.
As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words.
Todd Starnes is host of "Fox News & Commentary," heard on hundreds of radio stations. Sign up for his American Dispatch newsletter, be sure to join his Facebook page and follow him on Twitter. His latest book is The Deplorables' Guide to Making America Great Again.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details