The nation got to see the best and the brightest that the Republicans and Democrats had to offer last night at Hofstra University. Here are six takeaways from the debate:
1. Somebody forgot to tell the moderator that he was supposed to moderate and not debate Donald Trump. Lester Holt, of the Nobody But Clinton network, was clearly in the tank for Hillary Clinton. I suspect he was secretly auditioning to be her press secretary. Just tally the number of times Holt interrupted Trump and pressed him on follow-up questions and then compare that number to Hillary's. As we say in Dixie, Hillary got some home-cookin'.
2. Hillary Clinton does not hold the American people in high esteem. She previously referred to us as a "basket of deplorables" and irredeemable. But during the debate she accused us of having an "implicit bias" against African-Americans. She seems to believe the only way to redeem all of us gun-toting, Bible-clinging deplorables is to shame us into submission.
3. If Donald Trump's record on women is fair game, then so is Hillary's. She needs to be called out for taking money from countries that treat women as second-class citizens. She needs to be called out for the terrible things she said about her husband's "lady friends." Hillary also took a swipe at Trump's achievements. She said the only reason he was successful was because of his father. To be fair, Trump could argue that the only reason for Hillary's success is because of her husband.
4. Trump needs to let go of the birther stuff—even if the mainstream media won't. And he needs to either release his tax returns or come up with a better excuse for why he won't.
5. There was no clear winner—but that does not mean Trump lost. In spite of the mainstream media's disgusting narrative, millions of Americans tuned in to discover that Trump does not wear gold-lined bed sheets or burn crosses at Mar-a-Lago.
6. There is bipartisan agreement that Hillary should never do another shoulder shimmy on national television. Ever.
Todd Starnes is host of "Fox News & Commentary," heard on hundreds of radio stations. Sign up for his American Dispatch newsletter, be sure to join his Facebook page and follow him on Twitter. His latest book is The Deplorables' Guide to Making America Great Again.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details