Violence broke out over the weekend at several Donald Trump campaign rallies. Leftwing thugs battled with police in Chicago and St. Louis.
One unhinged lunatic tried to storm the stage at a rally in Dayton, Ohio. He was stopped by Secret Service agents. Heaven only knows what he would've done had he gotten ahold of Mr. Trump.
To be clear, what happened over the weekend was not just an attack on Mr. Trump. It was an attack on the First Amendment.
But instead of condemning the professional hooligans, the political chattering class condemned Mr. Trump.
A despondent Senator Marco Rubio went so far as to liken Mr. Trump to a Third World strong man.
He's come under fierce attack for suggesting that his supporters physically manhandle protesters. In February, he told an audience that he wanted to punch one of the protesters in the face.
That sort of language has no place in any political campaign.
But that's not what brought about the weekend violence.
The person responsible for fomenting political unrest and creating this toxic environment is not Donald Trump—it's President Obama.
For the past 7 1/2 years, this man has been stoking division and discord.
You want to talk about creating controversy? Fine. Let's talk about Baltimore and Ferguson, Missouri, and Trayvon Martin.
President Obama is the one who told his followers if they bring a knife to the fight—we bring a gun—that's what he said.
I don't recall too many Republicans getting upset over that remark.
Many conservative pundits still do not understand why Americans are flocking to Donald Trump.
They seem bewildered that we've ignored Establishment Overlords like Mitt Romney and the uppity-ups at National Review.
So for the sake of all you Republicans in name only, let me explain what's going on here.
The folks who pay the bills in this country are fed up. We're tired of being called racists and homophobic and xenophobic.
The Silent Majority is mad, and we're not going to take it anymore.
Todd Starnes is host of "Fox News & Commentary," heard on hundreds of radio stations. Sign up for his American Dispatch newsletter, be sure to join his Facebook page and follow him on Twitter. His latest book is The Deplorables' Guide to Making America Great Again.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details