The "American Diner" in Liverpool, New York may be the most politically incorrect diner in the Empire State – and possibly the nation.
The "American Diner" is a gun-toting, beef-eating, Constitution-loving establishment owned by Michael Tassone.
Mr. Tassone is a no-nonsense God & Country fellow who takes pride in Old Glory and his signature "Animal Burger" – made from 24 ounces of "American Love."
"We talk religions and politics and we encourage people to carry their guns," Mr. Tassone told me. "The Second Amendment protects all the rest of them."
They also encourage folks to say grace.
"If people don't like it – they can go to Denny's," he said.
And just so diners aren't caught off-guard, they post their talking points on the menu.
- We don't like political correctness or special interest
- If you really don't like America – LEAVE
- Actually, I did build MY business
- Everyone doesn't get the same size trophy
- Gov't and taxes are the problem
And these days Mr. Tassone is especially upset with the government.
On Dec. 31, 2015 the state of New York implemented a new minimum wage for tipped workers. Wages increased from $5 to $7.50 an hour.
"It's absolutely killing us," Mr. Tassone told me. "My payroll has gone up over $21,000. We have to find a way to pay for that."
It's a problem facing family-owned restaurants across New York, reports the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle. Many have been forced to pass along the additional costs to their customers.
"I had to lay off a worker and I have to work 103 hours a week," he said. "I just have to try to take on additional time and hours to make it work."
And he also decided to poke a bit of fun at New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo and President Obama by naming a new breakfast special in their honor.
It's called the "Dictator Obama/NYS Special (King Cuomo)".
The breakfast includes two eggs and a slice of toast for $3.59. The tax is $27.99.
"We took a good jab at them," he said.
As you might imagine, the Obama special isn't exactly selling like hot cakes.
"If they really want to pay that much for two eggs and a piece of toast, we'll sell it to them," he said.
Mr. Tassone illustrated how difficult it's becoming to run a business in America. There's only so much you can tax consumers.
On the other hand, a sandwich named after the First Lady is one of the diner's hottest items.
It's called, "The Anti-Michelle Obama, Don't Tell Me What to Eat or Feed My Kids Burger."
It's a 16-ounce beef patty with bacon and cheese – along with a side of fries.
"If you don't like it, go to Denny's," he said.
Todd Starnes is host of "Fox News & Commentary," heard on hundreds of radio stations. Sign up for his American Dispatch newsletter, be sure to join his Facebook page and follow him on Twitter. His latest book is The Deplorables' Guide to Making America Great Again.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details