British moms and dads were fuming after a school instructed students to write an essay explaining why they had converted to Islam.
Gemma Gough posted the assignment on Facebook—and said her child would not be completing the assignment.
"This is not acceptable," she wrote. "Kids are too impressionable and imagine if these letters got in the wrong hands in years to come."
The 12- and 13-year-old kids at Beaucamps High School in Guernsey were told to consider what it would be like to become a Muslim. They also had to write a letter to their loved ones explaining their decision to become a Muslim.
Can you imagine when the students returned home?
"Mummy, Mummy! I converted to Islam! Cheerio!"
The controversial lesson was part of a creative writing exercise as part of a religious education lesson, The Daily Mail reports. The school pointed out that it was a make-believe scenario—and no child was actually forced to convert to the Islamic faith.
Local residents were not convinced.
"In this day and age when easily led youngsters are being radicalized, it is a dangerous road to be taking," wrote one observer on the Guernsey Press website.
"Teach pupils about religion by all means, but be very careful when you ask them to be Muslim," another wrote.
The school said they plan to expose the students to other religions—like Christianity and Judaism. But let's be honest—do you really think they're going to have the kids write about how Jesus Christ changed their lives?
Brigette Gabriel, the founder of Act for America, told me what's happening in Great Britain is already happening in American public schools. She discusses that subject in my most recent podcast.
Todd Starnes is host of "Fox News & Commentary," heard on hundreds of radio stations. Sign up for his American Dispatch newsletter, be sure to join his Facebook page and follow him on Twitter. His latest book is The Deplorables' Guide to Making America Great Again.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details