Sen. Ted Cruz is now the front-runner in the Republican race for the White House.
But if you believe the mainstream media and the political pundits—Marco Rubio won the Iowa Caucus.
Just look at Tuesday's news coverage—they marginalized Sen. Cruz—and glorified Senator Rubio.
And that's the narrative. Cruz may have won—but Rubio is more electable. And yet ... the numbers in Iowa tell a very different story.
One out of three evangelical voters chose Cruz—so did four out of 10 very conservative voters.
And 26 percent of young voters—18 to 29—they didn't vote for Rubio; they too voted for Cruz.
The voters recognize a simple truth. Sen. Cruz has been a man of his word—a principled conservative—and that is something the establishment cannot tolerate.
"What we are seeing is evangelicals who have been dormant in the political process that are turning out," said Tony Perkins, president of the Family Research Council. "It's something we haven't seen in a number of years."
Perkins, who has endorsed Cruz, told me the voters are not interested in a moderate candidate. They don't want someone in the "middle."
"There's nothing in the middle of the road but yellow stripes and dead animals," Perkins said.
Looking back on the results in Iowa, Perkins said there should be one takeaway for voters.
"Do not listen to the pundits or the polls—but vote your values," he said. "It was values voters and the return of those voters that put Ted Cruz over the top."
It's not that the pundits and politicos hate Sen. Cruz—they know he can't be controlled—and that has them terrified.
Todd Starnes is host of "Fox News & Commentary," heard on hundreds of radio stations. Sign up for his American Dispatch newsletter, be sure to join his Facebook page and follow him on Twitter. His latest book is The Deplorables' Guide to Making America Great Again.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details