Liberals and the mainstream media are foaming at the mouth over the comment Sen. Ted Cruz made Thursday night about "New York values."
Now, all of us folks who are not New York City liberals know exactly what Sen. Cruz was talking about—and it had nothing to do with the aftermath of 9/11.
Sen. Cruz was talking about cultural and political values.
Duck Dynasty values vs. Big Apple values.
As an expatriate Southerner who resides among the indigenous liberal population of Brooklyn, I know of what the senator speaks.
And to suggest that the senator was referring to the brave firefighters and police officers who were massacred in the 2001 terrorist attacks is not only disgusting but an outright lie.
Yet liberal politicians have never let the truth get in the way of their ugly agendas.
"I am disgusted at the insult that Ted Cruz threw at this city, and its people," de Blasio said Friday. "And the bottom line is he does not understand, in the least, New York values."
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo called the comment "offensive" and said if Sen. Cruz "had any class, he would apologize to the people of New York."
That's the same governor who once said that "extreme conservatives" who are pro-life and pro-gun are not welcome in his state.
What was truly offensive is how liberal politicians and the mainstream media intentionally distorted what Cruz said.
So let's talk about those "New York values" that Sen. Cruz was talking about.
He was referring to the permissive New York values celebrating public debauchery that would make the citizens of Sodom and Gomorrah blush. Just ask the families from the Heartland who've been accosted by topless women in Times Square.
Remember Occupy Wall Street—turning public parks into human cesspools—people defecating on police cars? He was talking about those values too.
Along with the values that propelled citizens into the streets to justify violence against police officers.
Sen. Cruz was talking about the values that banned churches from public spaces and relegated Christians to second-class citizens.
He was referring to the values that let a candidate says he's a pro-abortion Democrat one day and a pro-life Republican the next—the kind of values that would compel someone to use a national tragedy such as 9/11 to score cheap political points.
You see—in that land New Yorkers like to call fly-over country—character counts. A man's word matters.
Those are the values Sen. Cruz was talking about.
Todd Starnes is host of "Fox News & Commentary," heard on hundreds of radio stations. Sign up for his American Dispatch newsletter, be sure to join his Facebook page and follow him on Twitter. His latest book is The Deplorables' Guide to Making America Great Again.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details