President Obama is plotting with his attorney general to get our guns.
The president will purportedly bypass Congress and crack down on small-scale gun sellers. Fox News reports the plan would require gun sellers to order background checks on prospective buyers and tighten laws for gun sales to those who have committed domestic-abuse offenses.
If the White House really wants to crack down on gun violence—maybe they should enforce the laws that are already on the books.
But that's not the point. This president ultimately wants to disarm the nation.
The primary reason our Founding Fathers wrote the Second Amendment was to protect all the other amendments.
Just after the Muslim terrorist attack in San Bernardino the Washington Post found that 53 percent of voters oppose a ban on assault weapons—a record high.
The American people seem to understand what the president does not—guns keep our families safe.
So instead of declaring war on law-abiding gun owners—maybe the president ought to declare war on the true threat facing our nation—radical Islam.
The National Rifle Association accused the president of pulling a "political stunt" and Republican presidential candidates have widely condemned the president's gun-control plans.
"The president is a petulant child," New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie told Fox News Sunday. "Whenever he doesn't get what he wants ... this president acts like a king."
Carly Fiorina told CNN the president has "been a lawless president."
"It is delusional, dangerous, not to mention unconstitutional," she said. "We have a long list of criminals who own guns, who routinely purchase guns. We know who these people are, and we are not prosecuting any of them."
Texas Gov. Greg Abbott summed up it up best in a tweet:
"Obama Wants to impose more gun control. My response? COME & TAKE IT."
Todd Starnes is host of "Fox News & Commentary," heard on hundreds of radio stations. Sign up for his American Dispatch newsletter, be sure to join his Facebook page and follow him on Twitter. His latest book is The Deplorables' Guide to Making America Great Again.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details