Tuesday President Obama betrayed Israel and the American people.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said it best. He called the deal a "bad mistake of historic proportions."
"Iran is going to receive a sure path to nuclear weapons. Many of the restrictions that were supposed to prevent it from getting there will be lifted," Netanyahu said. "Iran will get a jackpot, a cash bonanza of hundreds of billions of dollars, which will enable it to continue to pursue its aggression and terror in the region and in the world."
It was a deal made out of either sheer ignorance—or out of more nefarious reasons.
Who in their right mind would negotiate in good faith with an enemy who wants to wipe Israel off the face of the earth and whose citizens are marching in the streets shouting death to America?
Lost in this diplomatic debacle is the fate of four Americans held hostage by the Islamic Republic of Iran.
One of those men is Saeed Abedini—an Idaho pastor—thrown in prison because of his Christian faith. For nearly three years he has been tortured at the hands of his Muslim captors.
President Obama promised Pastor Saeed's family that his release would be a top priority—but his words were meaningless.
So now Pastor Abedini's wife is turning to Congress—pleading with our elected leaders to save her husband's life.
"I plead with Congress to ensure that my husband, an American citizen, is not left behind," Naghmeh Abedini said.
"Congress holds the key to bringing my husband home, to returning the father to my children," she said. "My children have desperately missed the loving embrace of their father for the last three years of their lives. They have grown up almost half of their lives without their father. Please help us ensure the remainder of their childhood includes both a mother and a father."
Jay Sekulow, the chief counsel for the American Center for Law and Justice, denounced the Obama Administration's deal with Iran and called it "unconscionable" that the agreement did not secure the freedom of Pastor Saeed.
"President Obama told the Abedini family face-to-face that he considered the release of Pastor Saeed a 'top priority,'" Sekulow said. "How could that be a 'top priority' when a deal is reached and Pastor Saeed is left behind?"
At the very least President Obama should pick up the telephone and call Mrs. Abedini and explain why he left her husband behind to be tortured by the Islamic Republic of Iran.
Todd Starnes is host of "Fox News & Commentary," heard on hundreds of radio stations. Sign up for his American Dispatch newsletter, be sure to join his Facebook page, and follow him on Twitter. His latest book is God Less America.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details